President: T Jobling. Captain: J S Brown. Hon Sec / Treas: S Mellin.
Finances are poor. It is suggested that recruitment could be directed at RAF Thornaby and other local H M Forces as well as schools. Arrangements are made for the club trophies to be placed in safe keeping. – Minute 2nd March 1940 “Owing to heavy weather the club premises in Boathouse Lane collapsed and the meeting was called to discuss the necessary steps to be taken. It was resolved that the boathouse be offered for sale.” (This was the building itself not the site on which its remains stood – Ed).
1941 – 1942
No rowing activity at Tees ABC.
A meeting of members at the Boathouse agreed that the building should be dismantled and realised forthwith. Mr J H Wiley of Norton Road to undertake this work, paying himself out of the proceeds with any surplus going to club funds. Mr Fred Thompson undertook to store the record boards and oars at his works. When the site is cleared it is to be railed round and a notice to be erected “Trespassers to be prosecuted”.
A meeting at the Boathouse site. Mr Wiley reported that he had left the Dressing Room firmly boarded up. Since the last meeting most of it had gone and also the contents. Resolved the whole site be cleared and the offer of £10 from Mr Wiley for the timber be accepted.
A meeting at 51 High Street, Stockton. It is confirmed that the site is completely cleared. Agreed to loan it to the Sea Cadets at a nominal rent of 2/6 per year until TABC need it. He club’s trophies are stored at Barclays Bank, Stockton.
1946 – 1950
Middlesbrough add their cash assets to the assets of Tees ABC to form Tees Amateur Rowing Club. By then the Tees assets were only a site as their timber boathouse had collapsed during the war…. Pre war stalwarts such as Frank Hall and his business partner Alf Tomlinson lead the club’s reformation…. An old army hut is acquired, equipment begged and borrowed and members recruited.